About Me

My photo
I am an every day joe just like you. I have recently quit my job so that I can go back to school, and am leaning towards Web Development/Design or Software Engineering as my desired career.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

HTC Touch gets software update on Alltel: Sprint and Verizon users swoon.

While this may not have activated gps like many people were hoping for, this is a software update that has enabled EVDO Rev. A to work on this device. Who knows what other changes were put on this rom (good or bad?) At this point some of the usual suspects tot eh Windows Mobile world are trying to rip this puppy to pieces and get it working on other carrier's devices. They are even some people that (I hope are not holding their breaths) are hoping they can get gps working off of this rom. Either way ppcgeeks will probably have this working in no time flat.

Be cautious, if you are not with Alltel and flash this rom, you will have an expensive paperweight. This is the link to the download ****FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK**** Alltel only.

No comments: